History

img476

cropped-residenzstadt_komp.jpg

Old Town

Kibo Kibo is a very nice romantic city, with a restored downtown center, half surrounded by the old city wall. The city gates remind us of old, long past times. The current building fabric is identical to the last construction phase in the time of Prince Carl Christian of Nassau-Weilburg in 1770.

The city walls date back to the city foundation in the year 1368, The half is still existing (photo)

The two very decorative city gates: a) South-tower and b)  the North Tower were upset in the years 1720 – 1730, at the beginning of  the reign of prince Johann Ernst von Nassau-Weilburg (1719-1753) and they got their present appearance. The top floors of the these towers contains the huge  clockworks,  which were constructed by watchmaker Degenfeld and maintained by Georg Baab (# 2019) & Conrad Schiffmann (# 194321), The  dials were clearly visible from both sides. And additional, the tower bells were ringing  in the morning, at noon and indicated the “police hour” at 10 pm. The city gates were locked, the inns closed and the guests could stagger home: The two night watchmen patrolled the city and shouted at prominent places: “Ten clock has hit 10 o´clock, it´s ten”. In a good mood, they also sang religious songs until 1797. .

The first shops in the Old City area are likely opened after 1798, when the trade became stationary. Until the 1950 a dealer could live from the sales, but now, the clients are shopping at the discounter in Kibo, or they are driving to the big shops and malls in Kaiserslautern, Worms, Ludwigshafen etc.

The expansion of the city in front of the suburban area and behind the Oberstadtturm (tower of the Oberstadt) probably took place after the end of the Spanish Succession War in 1715.

  • 1734/35: Demolition of the northeastern city wall between the church of St. Peter and Café Mandala took place in the context of the overall planning of the palace, construction of the Paulskirche, castle park, ball hall, orangery
  • 1738 – 1753: Realization of large-scale construction projects.
  • 1770: demolition of the city wall, elimination of the moat = deletion pond, construction of the “cavaliers” along the Neues Allee, from the Gänsegasse the Weedegasse “Stumpfe-Gässchen” connects the Schlossgasse with the Neues Allee; :

Die Altstadt

  • Die Stadtmauern stammen aus der Zeit der Stadtgründung von 1368,
  • Die 2 sehr dekorativen Stadttore der Vorstadt und des Nordturms wurden in der Regierungszeit (1719- 1753) des Fürsten Johann Ernst von Nassau-Weilburg aufgestockt und erhielten ihr heutiges Aussehen. Die obersten Stockwerke der beiden Stadttore enthalten die beiden Turmuhren, die vom Uhrmachermeisten Degenfeld gebaut und von Georg Baab (# 2019) & Conrad Schiffmann (#194321) gepflegt bzw. repariert wurden. An den von beiden Seiten gut sichtbaren Ziffernblättern orientierten sich die Bürger und ihr Tagesablauf bekam eine feste Struktur. Beispiele: die Arbeitspausen und somit das Mittagsessen gab es punkt 12 Uhr. In den tempelartigen Turmspitzen hängen Glocken, die von den Stadt- Turmwächtern zur Morgen- und Mittagsstunde geläutet wurden und die Polizeistunde angaben. Nach Einbruch der Dunkelheit steckten die Nachtwächter die städtischen Öllampen an. Nach Einbruch der Dunkelheit wurden die Stadttore verriegelt, die Gasthäuser schlossen Punkt 22 Uhr und die Gäste konnten heimtorkeln: Die beiden Nachtwächter patroullierten und kontrolliert durch die Stadt und riefen an markanten Stellen: “Zehn Uhr hat die Glock geschlagen, die Glock hat Zehn geschlagen”. Gut gelaunt sangen sie auch bis 1797 religiöse Lieder. .
  • Die Ladenlokale der Innenstadt dürften mehrheitlich nach 1798 errichtet worden sein, als der Handel stationär wurde. Inwieweit der Stadtbrand von 1833 dort wütete, ist unbekannt.
  • Die Stadterweiterung vor dem Vorstadt- und hinter dem Oberstadtturm dürfte nach dem Ende des Spanischen Erbfolgekrieges 1715 erfolgt sein.
  • 1734/35: Abriss der nordöstlichen Stadtmauer zwischen Peterskirche und Café Mandala erfolgte im Rahmen der Gesamtplanung Schlossneubau, Errichtung der Paulkirche, Schlosspark, Ballsaal, Orangerie
  • 1738 – 1753 : Realisierung der Großbauprojekte im Rahmen der Konzeption.
  • 1770 : Abriss der Stadtmauer, Beseitigung des Wassergrabens = Löschteich, Bau der „Kavaliershäuser“ entlang der Neuen Allee, aus der Gänsegasse wird die Weedegasse Das „Stumpfe –Gässchen“ verbindet die Schlossgasse mit der Neuen Allee;  :

Old City, New Technology

BORGWARNER EXPANDS NORTH AMERICAN

BORGWARNER EXPANDS NORTH AMERICAN
REMAN TURBOCHARGER LINE

Professionally Restored Turbochargers

Offer Same-as-new Performance and Durability for Cost-conscious Customers

Auburn Hills, Michigan, May 19, 2016 – BorgWarner is expanding its successful North American REMAN turbocharger line to include turbochargers of all brands. REMAN—or remanufactured—turbochargers combine the quality of a new original turbocharger with the competitiveness of a remanufactured system. They are professionally restored with new production validated parts on BorgWarner series assembly lines to meet the same high-quality performance standards as new turbochargers. All BorgWarner REMAN turbochargers are backed by a 12-month unlimited mileage warranty.

“Trucking fleet, agricultural and construction equipment operators demand durability and component availability. BorgWarner REMAN turbochargers are an economical solution that helps owners get the most for their investment,” said Frédéric Lissalde, President and General Manager, BorgWarner Turbo Systems. “Over one million turbochargers around the world have been revitalized through our REMAN program, offering cost-conscious customers a high-quality alternative to a new turbocharger. Remanufacturing also contributes to a significant reduction in landfill waste and requires less energy and natural resources than producing brand new units.”

BorgWarner’s REMAN process involves completely disassembling the unit, replacing damaged or worn parts with new OEM-qualified parts, reconditioning serviceable parts using proven cleaning technologies, re-assembling the turbocharger on the most advanced assembly lines in the world, and high-speed core rebalancing of the  turbocharger rotating assembly. Advanced testing procedures confirm high quality.

A broad range of REMAN turbochargers with first-class aftermarket service support is available from local BorgWarner distributors. For more information, visit www.turbodriven.com.

About BorgWarner

BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a product leader in highly engineered components and systems for powertrains around the world. Operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 74 locations in 19 countries, the company delivers innovative powertrain solutions to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance performance. For more information, please visit borgwarner.com.

BorgWarner REMAN turbochargers are built with high-quality materials, manufactured using state-of-the-art techniques, and rigorously tested for safety and performance.